Friday, March 6, 2015

GETTING TO KNOW YOU

Hello to all my soon to be readers out there!  I am so glad you stopped by to have a look at my new blog.  This blog will be about medical billing, but I can promise you it will in no way be boring. What I love about the medical billing field is there is always something new to learn or some big change coming up.

Before I start sharing knowledge and stories with you, I'd like to tell you all a bit about my background.  I starting working part time at a family practice when I was in college at age 18.  My job consisted of posting charges and over-the-counter payments and pulling charts.  When I finished college (I got a bachelors degree in business administration with a concentration in accounting), they hired me full-time and thus began my official training in medical billing. 

Since then I have done billing for a variety of specialty practices such as:
  • Oncology
  • Radiology,
  • Out-patient Surgery
  • Dermatology  
I've worked in small business office teams of 3 or 4, large teams of 15 to 20. I've also worked independently - just me myself and I.  I must say I like it the best because I get to do things my way and according to my time table. I do however believe working as a team can be beneficial if it's done correctly. 

What I like most about billing is that sometimes I get to feel like I'm a detective.  Whether I'm poring over a report to find out why I can't balance or trying to enter the perfect combination of patient data into an picky insurance website to get the specific information I need, there's always a mystery to solve!

 

And now I'd like to hear about you and your medical billing experience. Also, if you have any questions or blog topics in mind for me, please feel free to share! I want my readers to get as much out of this blog as possible and I am open to suggestions.  It's going to be a fun time!

No comments:

Post a Comment